USA application process

7 steps to apply to an US university?

step 1
step 2
step 3
step 4
step 5
step 6
step 7

step 1

register with university hUB

We work with all major Universities across the US making us experts in guiding you to choose the right University / Course. Our Expert Advisors can talk to you and help you with choosing the right University

step 2

choose a University or a Course

Choosing a course or University may seem like an uphill task for you. Our Expert Advisors can tell you which course will suit you based on your interests and previous grades


Register and Apply to the University

Prepare a word document with details of yourself, your education, residential address and family details.

Official Transcripts means the consolidated grade/marks card that you will get after finishing your graduation. Many Universities require the student to apply for the transcript after graduation. You can apply for any number of official transcripts with your present University.

Reference letters can be requested from your teachers in college. Many teachers are ready to give reference letters or recommendations for their students. Just ask.

Universities in the US want to understand why the student is interested in joining the course. Our Expert Advisors can help you prepare the SOP.

SOP should be simple and convey your thoughts clearly.

Financial statements can only be Bank statements. However, the bank statement must demonstrate a balance of (or what can be converted to) $21,500 USD minimum.

If you cannot supply a bank statement, you are eligible to use a sponsor( your sponsor can be your relative like brother, uncle or aunt). The sponsor has to meet the above requirement and must fill out an Affidavit of Support. All financial documents cannot be older than 6 months from the start of classes for the course you are attending.

Here you may have to prepare a resume as per US standards. Our Expert Advisors can suggest the best formats for you.

As you have done your studies outside the US, you should get an evaluation of your education by NACES approved bodies.

There are about 19 such approved bodies providing the evaluation. Our Expert Advisors can suggest the best approved body who can provide you with the evaluation.

For non native speakers of English, Universities in US ask for scores of IELTS 6.0 Overall, TOEFL, or Pearson.

The scores provide the correct status of your grasp over the English Language.

If you have doubts on which to choose ask our Expert Advisors.

A few Universities have made these scores compulsory.

Some Universities spare students of this requirement who have a degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or have a Master degree.  You can check whether your college is accredited to get this privilege, this may also be waived if you have at least 6 credit hours of graduate work in at least 1 term or semester with a 3.0 or better GPA from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.

Current Passport copy (Front and back page)

Most Universities applications require a fee. The exact amount depends on the University, but the fees commonly is between $50 -$80.

step 4

accept your offer

Once you have submitted your application and you get selected , you will either receive a conditional offer or unconditional offer from the University.

If you receive an unconditional offer, then be ready to pay the fee and apply for the visa.

If you receive a conditional offer, then you might have to submit further information which is based  on some conditions to confirm your admission. There can be many reasons, a few of which are given below:

  • Conditional of you achieving min. percentage in your High School OR graduation
  • You achieve min 6 IELTS score in all your skills etc.
  • Paying minimum deposit of fee towards your course

step 5

Pay your Fees

You can pay either full fee or DEPOSIT towards your tuition fees to receive Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Noni- mmigrant Student Status.)

All F and M students that study in the United States need a Form I-20.

Form I-20 is a multi-purpose document issued by a U.S. government-approved educational institution certifying that a student has been admitted to a full-time study program and has demonstrated sufficient financial resources to stay in the United States.

Once accepted into a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school, you will receive a Form I-20 from their Designated School Official (DSO) 

step 6

Apply for a VISA

Once you receive the Form I-20, you can apply for the Student Visa.

step 7

Get ready to start your new journey

Once you get your Visa, start preparing for your accommodation and travel plans.

Our Expert advisors will be happy to guide you.

start your study abroad journey

Find and apply for the best universities across the world through University HUB. One platform for all your needs related to studying abroad!